Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
Robert Asher serves as senior counsel at Katten Muchin Rosenman UK LLP. He concentrates his practice on matters related to the hospitality industry in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Robert’s clients include hotel operating companies, sovereign wealth funds, banks and hotel owners, for whom he has handled some of the most high-profile hotel transactions concluded in the past 20 years. He has an extensive hotel management agreement practice, having closed more than 100 of such transactions in which he regularly represents both owners and operators.
Previously, Robert served as global head of Hospitality at Sidley Austin.
View all Speakers
• Counsel to the Dorchester Group and the Brunei Investment Agency in connection with the acquisition of the Hotel Plaza Athenee, Paris; Le Meurice, Paris and the Hotel Principe di Savoia, Milan.
• Counsel to HRH Prince Alwaleed bin Talal in connection with the acquisition and financing of the Hotel George V, Paris, and the negotiation of management agreements for the hotel with Four Seasons.
• Led a team of 75 lawyers in connection with the acquisition by Starwood Hotels & Resorts of the “Le Méridien” brand and management business, including the restructuring of €2 billion of debt, the negotiation of 35 management contracts and the assumption of a further 95 management contracts.
• Negotiation of more than 60 management contracts for Accor SA and Fairmont Raffles Hotels in connection with hotels in Europe, India, the Middle East and Africa. Transactions include Fairmont Hotels in Makkah, Riyadh, Cairo, Istanbul, Jaipur, Dubai and Abu Dhabi; Raffles Hotels in Makkah, Istanbul, Jeddah and the Seychelles; and Swissôtels in Makkah, Riyadh, Al Khobar, Dubai, Phuket, Delhi and Bangalore.
• Counsel to owners in connection with the acquisition of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Prague.
• Counsel to Fairmont Raffles Hotels in connection with branded residential transactions (both whole-ownership and fractional), including the Raffles Residences, Manila; Fairmont Palm Residences and Fairmont Heritage Place, The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai; Raffles Residences, Istanbul; Swissôtel Residences, Bodrum; Raffles Residences, Makkah; Fairmont Royal Palm Residences, Marrakech and Fairmont Cairo Pyramids.
• Negotiation of a global credit agreement facility secured by six hotelsfor Brunei Investment Agency.
• Representation of the owners of the proposed Four Seasons Hotel, Marrakech, in management agreement negotiations with Four Seasons.
• Counsel to IHG in connection with branded residential development at proposed InterContinental Hotel Marrakech.
• Negotiation of management agreements for Cedar Capital Partners with Four Seasons Hotels.
• Representation of the owners of the Grand Hotel, Stockholm, in franchise agreement negotiations with InterContinental Hotel Group
• Counsel to Cedar Capital Partners in connection with the acquisition of the Hotel des Bergues, Geneva.
“"You have arrived in the Middle East! Great content and extremely well attended."Shafi Syed, VP hotel development and acquisitions, Trump Hotels
What's been happening?
Posted on Monday, October 16 2017
Kin Plaza Arjaan by Rotana has been named Democratic Republic of Congo’s Leading Business Hotel 2017 at the World Travel Awards (WTA) Africa.
Posted on Wednesday, October 11 2017
A report by Chestertons MENA has revealed a 421 per cent rise in revenues from Dubai properties listed on Airbnb.
Posted on Monday, October 9 2017
Minor Hotels’ upscale AVANI Hotels & Resorts brand is to debut in North Africa with two properties in Tunisia.
Posted on Monday, October 2 2017
Ortigas & Co, one the country’s biggest property developers, has completed its first serviced apartment project.
Posted on Tuesday, September 19 2017
Marriott Executive Apartments Sukhumvit Park has won the Effective Labour Relations and Labour Welfare Management Award.
Posted on Friday, September 15 2017
Frasers Hospitality has relaunched its Fraser World loyalty programme “to meet the evolving needs of today’s traveller”.