Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
Robert Asher serves as senior counsel at Katten Muchin Rosenman UK LLP. He concentrates his practice on matters related to the hospitality industry in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Robert’s clients include hotel operating companies, sovereign wealth funds, banks and hotel owners, for whom he has handled some of the most high-profile hotel transactions concluded in the past 20 years. He has an extensive hotel management agreement practice, having closed more than 100 of such transactions in which he regularly represents both owners and operators.
Previously, Robert served as global head of Hospitality at Sidley Austin.
View all Speakers
• Counsel to the Dorchester Group and the Brunei Investment Agency in connection with the acquisition of the Hotel Plaza Athenee, Paris; Le Meurice, Paris and the Hotel Principe di Savoia, Milan.
• Counsel to HRH Prince Alwaleed bin Talal in connection with the acquisition and financing of the Hotel George V, Paris, and the negotiation of management agreements for the hotel with Four Seasons.
• Led a team of 75 lawyers in connection with the acquisition by Starwood Hotels & Resorts of the “Le Méridien” brand and management business, including the restructuring of €2 billion of debt, the negotiation of 35 management contracts and the assumption of a further 95 management contracts.
• Negotiation of more than 60 management contracts for Accor SA and Fairmont Raffles Hotels in connection with hotels in Europe, India, the Middle East and Africa. Transactions include Fairmont Hotels in Makkah, Riyadh, Cairo, Istanbul, Jaipur, Dubai and Abu Dhabi; Raffles Hotels in Makkah, Istanbul, Jeddah and the Seychelles; and Swissôtels in Makkah, Riyadh, Al Khobar, Dubai, Phuket, Delhi and Bangalore.
• Counsel to owners in connection with the acquisition of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Prague.
• Counsel to Fairmont Raffles Hotels in connection with branded residential transactions (both whole-ownership and fractional), including the Raffles Residences, Manila; Fairmont Palm Residences and Fairmont Heritage Place, The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai; Raffles Residences, Istanbul; Swissôtel Residences, Bodrum; Raffles Residences, Makkah; Fairmont Royal Palm Residences, Marrakech and Fairmont Cairo Pyramids.
• Negotiation of a global credit agreement facility secured by six hotelsfor Brunei Investment Agency.
• Representation of the owners of the proposed Four Seasons Hotel, Marrakech, in management agreement negotiations with Four Seasons.
• Counsel to IHG in connection with branded residential development at proposed InterContinental Hotel Marrakech.
• Negotiation of management agreements for Cedar Capital Partners with Four Seasons Hotels.
• Representation of the owners of the Grand Hotel, Stockholm, in franchise agreement negotiations with InterContinental Hotel Group
• Counsel to Cedar Capital Partners in connection with the acquisition of the Hotel des Bergues, Geneva.
“"An excellent meeting and wonderful knowledge exchange."Robert Kioko, director, Unlimited Direction Kenya
What's been happening?
Posted on Friday, December 8 2017
Developer Cebu Landmasters has signed a deal with The Ascott Ltd. to build a 153-room lyf property in Cebu City.
Posted on Thursday, November 23 2017
Ascott has completed an extensive renovation of the Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok.
Posted on Thursday, November 23 2017
1589 Hotels, part of Clarks Hotel Group, has announced a major expansion plan which includes its first serviced apartments.
Posted on Monday, November 20 2017
Cristal Group has entered into a management agreement with Bayat Company for Hotel Services to operate Bayat Suites by Cristal.
Posted on Thursday, November 16 2017
More than 150 international delegates attended the third annual Serviced Apartment Summit MEA in Dubai this week.
Posted on Thursday, November 9 2017
The Ascott Limited will open the CASA Meridian Residence, in Phnom Penh’s residential and retail hub Koh Pich.